CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out of Character Chat: The Players.

Go down 
+2
Rowan
Downsized Titan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

Out of Character Chat: The Players. Empty
PostSubject: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/8/2008, 13:40

Hoo. Murchadh is not a nice character by any means.. I'd love to punch him in the face. But I get the feeling that he hasn't quite. . . defined his alignment yet. . . either there's not been enough opportunity, or I'm just not getting the point across haha. . .

This is my first attempt at a villianous character... a downright dirty, mean, careless, cold-hearted bastard. I often have trouble in writing my posts because I'll find myself going "No, that's what a good guy would do." . . . And I usually play good characters. . . trust me -- the Knight in shining armor is my typical routine. For duty, country, romanticism, etc. . . But that was getting so cliche. I enjoy writing. . . but I felt like this was a great excuse to broaden my horizons.

Since this was a first attempt at a villian, I chose something I was comfortable with. . .I chose a guy of the maritime profession -- I'm a midshipman at a federal service academy with the merchant marine... going active duty coast guard in 2009 . . . So I tend to know a bit about sailing the high seas and all that... that and i'm fascinated by stories like that.. come on, who DOESN'T love pirates of the caribbean. . .

Anyway. For those of you who DON'T know me... I'm Jamie. . . or just Jamz for short. I'm Malcove's real life friend -- and Trance's before he moved away so long ago *sadface*. . . I'm 20. And if you haven't noticed, my favorite color is white. hoooray.

Just wanted to post this here for everyone to have a chat since the chatbox is kind of quiet. Good job on all the posts so far -- i'm really interested in seeing where this adventure will go.

jamz

Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/8/2008, 13:56

Ha ha, Jamie, you're right. If Moira was a bit meaner, she would have whacked him upside the head by now! But suffice it to say, you're playing your villain well if he's getting under MY skin.

But, anyway. For those of you who don't know (which I believe is just Jamie), I'm Mandi. I'm Trance's real life wife as of December 8th 2007. I"m 21. Like Moira, I want to be a healer- or it's real life equivalent- which for me is EMT Basic and later Paramedic.

And then it came to me, how much we're really like our characters, at least in base.

My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chip.

See y'all in the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/8/2008, 15:20

Haha -- I wouldn't say Murchadh is much like me at all . . . even when I'm out sailing, I tend to be . . . much different than the typical mariners out there.

The way I figure it -- You're right. A LOT of characters I have made and written about in my long past of free-forming, DnD, short stories, what have you . . . a lot of my good guys / protagonists have been similar to myself, or my ideals of high morals -- what a hero in a happy-ending type of story to be. That's why playing Murchadh is a challenge -- because he's not going to be like me at all. So . . . for inspiration, I'm asking myself questions like "What would I *not* do in this situation?" "What would the alfa males here at the academy, whom I despise, do in this situation?" I actually have quite a few of my classmates in mind -- loud, tactless, womanizing, dominating, out for themselves and only themselves, drunkkards -- these are all traits that sort of. . . give me inspiration. . . sad to say hahaha. It's probably also a way of recognizing their traits and hoping that they don't rub off on me as much as they have in the past Very Happy Man, I miss South Carolina. Next leave period is in ... less than three weeks, whoo hoo! Then I don't go home til October. Sadface.

Oh and EMT must be awesome Very Happy . . . I only take basic first aid and ship's medicine and stuff... we practiced IVs the other day, and today, for our last class of the trimester, we sutured chicken breasts. Hooray, I can stitch peoples up. . . . Which may or may not be a good thing, considering it takes me forever hahahha
Back to top Go down
Lizarbugon
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Character Information
Name: Satrokeis
Race: Nagatani: The Charming
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/8/2008, 15:54

To be completely honest, I even don't "know" Satrokeis too well right now. Most of my characters just develop as I go along, and I'm too used to the ones I usually play as.

For now, I think it's safe to say he's just dedicated to do whatever task he currently is involved in, but he does have morals. Should they not conflict, he tries to complete said task with great efficiency.

As for me, I'm just some kid. Only not really. Or maybe I am, in a psychological sense. I don't know, as I'm not sure how exactly to determine that. Technically, I'm not a kid, though, at least last I checked.

What?
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Race: Dinti: The Adept
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/8/2008, 16:30

I like this topic idea, very cool indeed!

Well, for those of you who don't know me, at least not well (which would be the newcomers from Mandi's side, welcome) I'm Joshua, married to Moira, and best buds/business partners with Malcove. I'm trying to keep the steam moving on Masters by commencing CLAN and moving forward with that. Besides this forum, and our Zazzle site I am hoping to start work on the first full length novel based in the CLAN universe, Machinations. Other than all that I love video games (RPG's all the way, except for certain action games like Devil May Cry), watching movies (One of my favorites of all time is Casablanca), and writing, whatever I can, whenever I can. I mainly, as of late anyways, have been lyrically driven and am opening up the possiblity of selling some of the lyrics I write, and keeping only a handful of my favorites to potentially use in a band again (been over a year and a half since my last band...disbanded sadface)

As for Trance, well Trance was my very first true RP character I made. He's seen a lot of transitions over the years, in appearance and personality alike. He's been everything from a full on martial artist with katars, to the usual and renowned gunslinger, hell, at one time he was even a vampire! His personality has shifted many times too, the only thing that has remained persistant about him really is his flashy sort of way with things, you see Trance just has to be over the top. He's a showoff, a genuine entertainer. That's the one thing that has remained true with him, well that and he has always had impeccable taste in bad@ss apparel.

I guess that's why Trance clicks for me so well. I've changed, my outlook both physically and mentally so many times over the years that I've been playing him that he has come to make the transitions with me, coming along for the ride sort of speak. With the launch of this forum though I'm hoping to return Trance to a bit of his roots, old school style for the lack of a better term at the bitter moment.

Now, if you'll excuse me there's an ice cream drumstick with my name on it...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 09:49

Yup, it's been a while since I've done any serious FFRP though -- I thank everyone for the opportunity. Murchadh promises to be a fun character concept. . . I'm interested in seeing what all he's about and what he does.

So . . . How's Wisconsin this time of year?

/edit/

Hoo, a long RP post on my part. I notice that my posts all seem to be like, a page long -- Matt told me earlier "You're like some kind of forum whore!" . . . And oh noes! Now I am self conscious!

Am I writing entirely too much in my posts? Let me know and I'll try to tone it down . . . I just haven't had the excuse to be creative in a while . . marching in lines, yelling at plebes, getting my head shaved, pressing uniforms, etc. . . so maybe my over-eagerness to post shows?
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 14:23

NOOOOOOO!!!! Shocked

Don't listen to Malcove. He means well...but still. We love your book length posts. It's no fun playing when people put, "I run to the Mongi. Kill it. And kill another". Besides, then we don't have to work as hard. (Just Kidding).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 14:51

Then they shall continue! Huzzah for that. . . I do love writing. And huzzah for your line "...He's an eloquent bastard, she gives him that." That's sort of what I was going for, very on the mark. . . lets me know that I'm playing him right! Happy day.
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 02:32

I was just kidding around with you earlier when I called you a 'forum-whore', Jamz. It's actually pretty nice to get detailed posts.

Anyways, my real name is Matt and I've been friends with Trance, Moira, and Jamz in here for some time. Malcove was created back when Josh and I first started Clan years ago and the character grew and developed as I did. Malcove went through minor wardrobe changes, changed weapons a fair amount, and went through some mood swings as he was developed and as I grew up. Malcove started out as just a guy with a sword and some magic skills and eventually developed a more elaborate background and more specific functions and purposes.

It's been me and Josh for years developing the universe of Clan and all the aspects in and of it. I plan on helping with everything until we're dead =P. Besides Masters of Mischief I play the random video games, watch movies and anime, and not a whole lot else. I attend college and am currently majoring in Performing arts, but that could change. I also have a couple of jobs at school workin' on computers and lifting heavy stuff for events. Other than that, I just try to relax. =D

Anyways, I'm on my way back from Charleston now. It's great to have the internet on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Character Information
Name: Kalessin
Race: Ryaka: The Insightful
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Kalessin   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/11/2008, 06:16

I suppose its only proper to introduce myself. I'm Nick. I know Mandi through various people involved with a silly gaming website. THose were fun days.
I always wonder if its still up or anything.
gamerstation.net
I am an rpg, fantasy addict. I've practice learning tolkien elven. I love writing and have been active in various DnD, Mage Firefly, Star Wars, Draognball role playing games, either in forum format or with the good ol pen and paper.

I'm 22, and am hopefully going to be graduatingfrom college. I'm training to become a pastor.
So this is proof that pastors are creative and don't have sticks up their butts.
I'm a dreamer. I confess.
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/15/2008, 17:24

Well a hello hello to you, Mister Nick. You have a very interesting writing style. I enjoyed your posts.

And hoo what a week at the academy. . . My logistics presentation caught up with me somewhere at 2 in the morning on Tuesday night/wednesday morning. . . But my powerpoint skillz laid down the law with these academy computer illiterate brats. . . huzzah, while they spent all that time outside playing football and being more athletic than me. . . I somehow came out ahead in the computer world . . .

Then Wednesday night, after my presentation was said and done, I sat down to write my 6 page paper for my business project. Oh, how I thought, this would be so easy. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had even started my site, http://beginleading.wordpress.com . . . I am intending on putting up advertisements and affiliates and all that later . . . but the 6 pages, I figure to myself, HAH! What a joke, I can write 6 pages. As I look at the rubric to see what the paper will be graded upon for content... I begin to rattle off as much about my idea as possible. . . . I couldn't fit it into 6 pages. Some 20 pages later, some 3185 words later. . . my business plan, no, my business novel was complete... I had began sometime around 7 pm, hoping to finish by 12 so that I may post here. . . but I didn't finish until 4 am . . . Gaaaawd. Whyyyy. The words. They bleeeeeed.

And now the first break i've had for two weeks is this 4 hour watch I must stand... oh how fun, standing in the cold of new york in a watch shack overlooking the docks and the skyline of New York City. ...It's 3:20 AM and I'm being relieved in 20 or so minutes. . . . but at least I'm getting Murchadh figured out as to how he works into the storyline. . . I rather liked the way he responded.

But next week promises to be killer. . . 4 papers due and 3 presentations. . . And the week after that is finals.

Is there no end to their raping of my brain with the beast known only as education?

Perhaps I should whine and be emo some more. But I won't. Because Malcove and I are going to see Flogging Molly on the 5th. Rock on, and Raise the flag for me.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime2/15/2008, 19:01

Shocked Oh my, people started posting again today! IT'S A MIRACLE! Ahem, excuse me, it was just after such a slow peak time I thought the site was already a goner. Unfortunately I confess to not being up to much work on here this week either. Nevertheless, I shall be getting back into the full swing of things this weekend. here's a list of a few things to look forward to:

1) More information added to the Quick CLAN guide. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should! It's a short hand referance of races, nations (a few haven't been added yet but I'm working on it), as well as Currency explanations, slang terms and a few other tidbits!

2) The release of the first issue of Mischief Mail! What the hell is Mischief Mail you ask? You'll just have to wait and see...I'm sure the suspense will keep you up at night!

3) Part Three of the History Logs: The Dragon Wars!

4) The Addition of the non-linear story boards, both CLAN & Others. *See Post under Masters for more Info on that!

Other than that I hope everyone is enjoying it here. Feel free to let us know your opinions and comments! Keeping busy this weekend, or at least trying! Computer Typing

Good luck with the papers Jamie! I knew there was a reason why I dreaded possibly going back to school!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of Character Chat: The Players.   Out of Character Chat: The Players. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of Character Chat: The Players.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLAN: Age of Legends :: QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS :: Chronicles Q&A-
Jump to: