CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter One: Trial of Towers

Go down 
+3
Downsized Titan
Lizarbugon
Trance Maxwell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 03:45

Murchadh tips his whalebone pipe to Rowan as she takes her seat . . .and then, as she gulps down her tankard, an obvious and genuine look sprawls over his features – He is impressed. He tips his whalebone pipe again towards her. Sorcha shoots Rowan a dirty look, but her Captain is oblivious, or perhaps merely chooses to overlook it.

Before Murchadh can respond to Seeker’s comments – Gills, now quite inebriated, sat straight up, his cup of malt whiskey slamming against the table with a resounding boom. ”Now… ya.. yae listen to mae.. Aye. . . Dunnae who yae … who yae… …. Who yae are to beh thinkinsh yae can tell mae Cap’n off lik thaaaaet… An’ while some wench bein’ throwin’ down her damnedables magickssh… Who do yae think was fendin’ offsh the beasthies? Cowardsh..!!” And his hand goes towards his cutlass. .

Murchadh’s hand flies out like a bolt of lightning through the air, grasps the young lad’s ear and gives it such a violent twist, pulling down at the same time to bring the lad’s face down to the table. Murchadh’s tone was dangerously calm, his siren-like voice bled daggers, “Gills. I think you need to go upstairs and have a nap. Sorcha will accompany you. Today’s lesson is over." His eyes flashed dangerously toward Sorcha as she opened her mouth to protest . . . she nodded once, her feelings and pride obviously hurt. She wrapped Gills’ arm around her neck and proceeded to carry him upstairs. . . he looked like a kicked puppy. She turned, ”If thae Cap’n beh needin’ anythin’. . . jus’ be givin’ a call. . .” She retreats upstairs.

Murchadh, shook his head, muttering something under his breath, and returned his eyes to the group at the table, looking to the Seeker now with a smile. “Where were we… ah… yes. . .Oh, you’re so right. . .” comes the response, once again mocking and charming at the same time. ”Who am I to judge? I concede defeat to you chivalrous words.” Murchadh knows this tactic, and he knows it well – had he continued to argue with the would-be Knight of Shining Armor, it would have been a never-ending cycle of rebuttals and flimsy words between the two . . . But instead, he ends the conversation there, mockingly conceding defeat, mocking him without truly insulting him or having an interest in carrying on the conversation. Besides, Murchadh figured it would give the man something to chew on without outright calling him a fool. . .

Murchadh nods to Satrokeis, taking note of the statement ‘my line of work involves catching names.’ He finds that ever so curious. . . and potentially dangerous. An eyebrow raised as the Nagatani spoke to the gunman, Trance . . . A quick smile played upon his lips as he took note of the Nagatani’s use of the word ‘gunman’ in obvious distaste . . .

Murchadh once again opens his mouth to speak his music-like words, “You’re right, Satrokeis. Introductions were needed – for it seems we’ve a problem here in New Haven. This... Seeker. . . brings up a good point, Divines Bless Him, he thinks that something dark is afoot. And I am inclined to agree – those furry beasties had no chance in hell, and I doubt they’re suicidal . . . But this sort of thing, it has adventure written all over it. . . and that’s somethin’ that rattles my bones. . . in a good way. Rowan,” his stormy gray eyes flicked across the table to the fae, ”I’m not quite sure how a lot of. . . magic. . . works, but maybe you have a few ideas? I’ve been hearin’ strange rumors lately from the ships home ported out of Dulkbay. . . some rumors about a powerful artifact in the forests nearby...”

Last edited by on 2/10/2008, 04:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Race: Dinti: The Adept
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 03:58

The table now held the sway of the whole group that had come to the Tavern's rescue. Most of the other patrons had taken there leave by now, whether to get a move on and head for a new town if they were only visiting, or to get home and check on the damage there. Only the innkeeper and one barmaid remained, to keep the glasses full and the fighters content. Time droned on, approaching midnight before the rain finally slowed. The room was a bit drafty after the door had been opened so long, spewing forth the furry Mongi.

As the siren spoke towards Trance he sat there, sipping his whiskey, savoring it, much like he savored the Pirate's words. As he opened his mouth to perhaps retort, or perhaps tell the Nullmina where to go he was stopped short by Malcove. Trance listened to the words of his friend, taking in the whole situation and figuring that the Pirate wasn't even close to being worth his time. As much as Trance enjoyed a barfight he had already seen his for the night, it was time to relax. Besides, after you stare down the roar of one of the last Black dragons, after you duel with fate, lose, die, and somehow come back to life it takes a little bit more to tip you over the edge. Either that, or Trance just didn't have enough alcohol in his system to get him feeling twitchy just yet. After the Nagatani made his way over and began to speak he turned his attention to his words instead.

Trance chuckled slightly when the Nagatani had said 'Seeker'. They were indeed relatively new to the explored world. He probably didn't know better that such a word coming from anyone other than a friend would be considered rude and inconsiderate. Seekers of Solace, citizens of Allestrium, there mocking name for trying to be so pacifistic. That's what Trance had called Malcove though the first day they had met. When he came upon Trance and a few of his companions battling a ravaging group of Quentala, while they searched for something in the cavern regions of Victocia. The name had just stuck, to the point that's all Trance would call Malcove, except on ocassion.

'Actually his name is Malcove...Dredth. And yes you can call me Trance. Trance Maxwell.'

Upon the mentioning of this the Innkeeper turned his gaze from the broken glasses he was sweeping up to their table. 'Trance Maxwell? By the Divine! You mean you are the prin-'

'I don't mean to be rude good sir but please, don't advertise. I find it hard enough getting around.' Trance had cut the man short, but he did so with a wiry smile.

'My apologies sir.'

'Now my knowledge of the Mongi is rough, at best. But I do know they are nomadic in nature, nigh intelligent and pack creatures. I do know of their love for shiny baubles and the now and then sweet tooth fixation. And as much as the fresh breads and other baked goods of this town smell heavenly, I really doubt that would drive them to this. So Seeker is on to something. It's quite possible that something, or someone is causing them to behave like this. Which leads me to a bit of a dilemma whether I should discuss why I'm here in New Haven with strangers or not.' His eyes circle the table, looking at Murchadh, Satrokeis and finally the Airetaim.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 05:51

Moira listened quietly as the men spoke, acknowledging Murchadh's pipe-tip with a nod and the ghost of a smile. Her metabolism shocked a lot of people; for being a petite woman, she could drink most men under the table. But that wasn't the point at hand. But she had been wondering herself what had driven the Mongi to madness, and had come up empty. It saddened her, and when she got sad she got quiet. As Murchadh made his suggestion that she, perhaps, would have a clue as to what's going on, Moira realized she had been tracing something on the table with the condensation from her tankard.

A rune. Daamathe. Knowledge. Her frustrations were leaking out in physical again.

Quickly, she wiped it away and looked around the table. "I'm sorry, all," Her Scilsdalian accent had thickened, become slow and smooth and very pronounced, where before it was just a whisper of difference. "All I can tell you is that I've seen a creature act like that only once before, and it was a man who's mind had been spell-muddled. Violent and danger-blind and ten times his strength, he was. But that was just one man. Whoever's doing this is strong enough to control droves more. And..." She bit her lower lip as something occured to her, "they weren't expending much arcane to do it. I barely hit any resistance when I brought the spell down. They weren't expecting anyone to fight back. So, it's safe to say that whoever casts that spell knows we're here now, and it'll bring no end of trouble on the town. Whether you will, or no, we're in this now." She looked directly at Trance, eyebrow raised. Her face and words were calm, but her green eyes were flashing unmistakable fire. "So, Master Maxwell, I'd appreciate any information you have to help me save my people from further harm. I think we've earned it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Character Information
Name: Kalessin
Race: Ryaka: The Insightful
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 16:29

Day Forty Seven

As I wrote so many weeks ago, I have decided to travel around this country, taking the land routes. Sometimes even I need a reminder of why I do the things I do. There is so much going on in the world. so much clutter. Not a week ago, did I find myself in Scilsdal. This is, as I would call it, a land of a thousand horses. Here the men are brave and hearty, as are the drinks.
It has rained a few times, and when the sky must cry, I shall take my part as well. Already my ink smears! That is all for this night.

Day Forty Nine

Forgive me my friend, my journal.
I had failed to write yesterday. THe rain came down a bit harder, and colder. No one likes to make room for a wet rat dressed in naught but a simple tunic. And so I paid my dues and slept outside. It has been a long time since I could relish in the blanket the world can provide. I woke up with the dew and as always, took some and pressed it to my forehead.
Dear, dear Sereus, my I never forget your tears. Let my heart dwell on such things.

Day Fifty

I have come to another splendid town in the nick of time. I'm beneath a tree at the moment, scrawling frantically. Fair enough. No more words. I shall away to the inn.

The door slowly, almost timidly opens. A short ryaka, in a grey, frayed tunic enters. His nose lends itself to the air, as he breathes in the atmosphere. A home. Not his, not yours. But a home nonethless.
Few people were here. Those that were seemed interested in each other.
The Ryaka ambled about the tables, noting every detail.
He dug into a pouch.
He had been running low on provisions.
" Good sir, " he spoke slowly, ever so slowly and deliberately-for such was his way. To be a coursing river when needed, to be a simple placid lake when time accorded it. For now, his river would wait. "A room for one." He turned to look about the room, but paused, as if he had forgotten something, which, indeed, he had.
"Also, good fellow, I would like to write the occassions of thi town down in a journal. "
He glanced back around the room.
He pulled in closer.
"I had noticed that things seemed amiss."
He grinned his toothy grin and kept things something vague and oblique, as was his way.
He turned to catch some rest, as the night reached her zenith, as the Dinti counts it, but once more turned.
"Forgive my overhastiness to rest. May I have a small bowl." As the blessed bartender turned for a bowl, and Ryaka, again added." Yes...thank you. and some water. Blessings."
He took the bowl and dipped his paws into it. He closed his eyes and then rubbed his hands together, as if washing them.
The bartender raised his eyebrow at the open display.
The Ryaka dipped a single digit into the bowl and bowed his head back a bit.
He muttered something and then placed his finger to his forehead.
He rested there for a while and then returned to the reality laid before him.
He blinked a few times, and followed his return with a sigh.
"Yes...yes...forgive me. I thank your hospitality twice o'er. Blessings...blessings.."
His blessings could be heard as he walked, nonchalantly away to his room for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 17:31

The gunslinger sat patiently, not responding for what seemed like an eternity. Then, just before anyone could speak his lips moved. 'There was never anything to earn m'lady. I would wish that the events that befell my homeland not befall yours.'

He tilt his head back, downing what was left of his whiskey, which was actually slightly over half a glass in one gulp. As he continued to speak it was as though it wasn't the same man. His eyes seemed to glaze slightly, his face shrunken despite his high cheekbones. He leaned forward in his chair, made one quick glance at Malcove and then begun.

'The dragon wars weren't exactly a glorious period of history for Rioun, as you know. The king of the time was...overthrown. The newly established king Landese Maxwell was quick to desire power. Exploiting the resource of Rioun's one great ally, Kalmune, he sought out the Oracle. He wanted to know how to unlock the ancient powers of Errayne. You see, legend says that this world wasn't shaped by the Divine, but was rather here all along.' Trance paused for a moment, raising his glass towards the innkeeper who made a quickened pace over to fill it.

'Thank you! Now, where was I? So he sought out the Oracle. He tortured her until she finally told him of the Vagrant Chronicles. Now everyone knows about the Chronicles, it is the complete recorded history since the first born, since the first Vagrant, the gatherers of information. Well, at least it was complete. Good chunks of it were destroyed in the battle that would take place within the halls of the once Great Library of Kilono. Eventually he did unlock the ancient powers and he broke the eight seals and released the sleeping dragons. But of course shortly thereafter they were resealed and the case was closed sort of speak. Except for Landese who managed to evade the ones that stood up and fought against him.'

The innkeeper, who was trying to play the game of pretend, couldn't take it anymore and he blurted himself into the conversation. 'But the only way you would know he escaped was if you were there!'

Trance only smiled, and turned to look at Seeker. He chuckled slightly, then broke out into a whole hearty laugh from the gut. 'Well, Seeker here saw the whole thing with his own eyes, didn't you? Me on the other hand, I died down in those musty tome filled caverns. I guess that's a story best kept for another bedtime though...' he continued to laugh, putting a hand on Malcove's shoulder and shaking him slightly.

At this point the Airetaim grew slightly impatient, 'That still doesn't explain why you are here Master Maxwell!'

'But it does m'lady, it does. I'm just looking for my dear brother...'
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/11/2008, 14:49

Moira just sat there, feeling a little shell-shocked and more than a little disturbed. She was sitting at a table, with a man who thought he was a prince. That was possible, but not very probable. After all, what would a prince, much less a prince and a deposed king, be doing in the backwaters of Scilsdal? Said man also thought that he had died...and was resurrected. The crazy also had backup in the "Seeker", who at best was humoring the gunman, and at worst was just as crazy. Idia, She thought warily, They even think they were in the Great Library!

If they were that strong, they would have helped more in the battle.

"So," Moira spoke, as soon as she could trust her voice not to sound as cynical as she felt, "You're chasing your brother...Landese...the king of Rioun because you think that he came all the way onto another continent, just to conquer...Scilsdal?" She glanced around the table, hoping to find allies, SOMEONE who understood just how absurd it sounded. "Trance, if..." But she stopped, just short of offering her services as a healer. Maybe if he could calm his troubled mind, his insanity would halt. But it was really none of her business. He had to admit to needing help, before she could help him after all...him and Malcove both.
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/12/2008, 00:08

He knew this day was coming, but Malcove still wasn't ready for the news. Landese was finally coming out of hiding and back for more of the world. Apparently awakening the last eight dragons in existence wasn't enough, now the lunatic would come with even more threat. And Malcove knew he most assuredly would: Landese didn't seem the type to come back with less or equal to the power he once had. Landese was a deranged conqueror of whatever he saw, and he was hellbent on having his absolute power. He did kill his own brother to maintain his previous standpoint of power, after all.

Malcove sat back in his chair wondering what it is that Landese possibly had planned for the world this time. He almost didn't catch Rowan talking. But he did hear her, trying to grasp at the fact that two of the main players who ended the Dragon Wars were sitting at the same table with her. A story like that at worst would have seemed skeptical to Malcove now, but had he still been as young and unexperienced as this Airetaim had to be he too would have doubted himself.

Suddenly, Malcove came out of thought. Rowan still had a look of confusion (maybe absolute disbelief) on her face, as did others at the table. "Well, it seems we'll soon be in for some real trouble. Mongi will most undoubtedly be the least of our worries from now on. If Landese was behind the attack, he'll be sending something more effective our way if his aim was to destroy everyone in New Haven. If it was only a distraction some of you may still have time to sleep tonight, but I wouldn't take the risk with such an evil man behind these current events."

Most of the group still looks at Trance and Malcove bewildered. "Look, I know this talk of dragons, ancient tombs, and men with evil intentions is a bit much for most people, but I'm sure that we can all agree that there is something amiss here. Now after witnessing the skills of you that fought against the Mongi with us tonight, I would say you are all quite skilled in your own ways. Defense, tact, offense, wit, fortitude. All valuable weapons, ones that could help in the finding and apprehending of whoever might be behind this incident. This entity is equally the enemy of every person here now whether we like it or not, because he won't be giving up his ground and he means to make the ground we stand on his." Malcove drinks more of his water and sets his mug down. "I can promise you that Trance and I will be after this troublesome menace, and any help from those who posses the aptitude to assist would be greatly appreciated." He sits there, leaving the obvious and unspoken question to turn over a few times in their minds.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/14/2008, 01:06

Entry 51

My night in New Haven:

Upon reaching the inn and preparing myself for the night, I made busy in the few last moment before the moon reached her zenith. I snuck out the window and out to take a sure look at what I thought I had seen upon entering. Certinaly there were Mongi tracks, left in the mud. Perhaps if the rain would abate some would be left for the monring. A trail to follow. Most curious.
Ah yes...the Mongi. I noticed several bodies in the inn, but I made no inquiries, being tired. Perhaps that was foolish of me, for duty predicated self indulgence and i had failed on that mark.
There were a few people in the main room below me. They seemed to have been here when the assault come to be.
In the morning, if they are indeed still here, I shall ask them for more details.
Otherwise, I plan to follow the trail to come to the root of this disaster.

p.s. I woke myself up again, realizing I had forgotten to mention that no bartender was found. Perhaps he was killed by a mongi or was off duty. a minor detail, but the minor details are the most incriminating one.
A stray hair, a paw print, can lock the world's best theif up, as long as that evidence is found.

p.p.s.

again forgive me journal for disturbing your slumber. for now my recording of the country will be pasued. I shall take it up again, once things are in due order. Perhaps this uncharacteristic attack from the mongi was caused by a disturbance elsewhere. It would be good for me to record this should the need for it arise. My own journal may yet find its way into a history book.
Back to top Go down
Lizarbugon
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Character Information
Name: Satrokeis
Race: Nagatani: The Charming
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2008, 12:04

"Well," Satrokeis spoke up, ""if it is help you request, I am currently under no contract, therefore I am capable of assisting."

There was no discernible look of disbelief on his face. To him, helping was almost purely business, depending on the situation. If, as things would logically seem, this was all some lie based on the situation, he could collect appropriate payment to that point and go on his way. If what they said was true, then the gravity of the situation definitely warranted their request for aid. The worst of the possibilities would be if these two were some kind of thieves or assassins looking for pocket money by bringing the rest of us to a false sense of trust.

Satrokeis much sooner believed that royalty sat at this table, though.
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2008, 17:15

During the course of the conversation, Murchadh had opened his mouth several times, his whalebone pipe held up in his hand. But not once did any word escape his lips, not once did any of his mocking wit, his charming siren’s voice befall the ears of those at the table. The look on his face is almost amusement, but probably one more so of pity. The bastards really are crazy. And what’s worse – the winged wench believes them! He would have to note to her later that she should probably lay off on the booze.. makes one rather foggy and what not… can’t steer the proper course and all that when your compass is all liquored up. . . can’t get the sails up, can’t float your boat… whatever that saying was… hrmmm maybe he needed more rum to clear his mind. . .

He notes the Ryaka walking in somewhere during the conversation… He recognizes the ritual to Sereus and cocks a brow. . . He watches the Ryaka head upstairs. . . and then his ears return to the conversation at hand.

All this talk of dragons and wars and deposed kings and power and empires. . . it was enough to drive him to drink! But… he has already had quite a few, and he figures in the end that he has to keep his wits about him when dealing with lunatics. . . Especially ones who claim to be as powerful as these. There is no doubt in his mind, Murchadh thinks to himself, that they are hiding their true strength. . . He isn’t usually one to underestimate a man, but he had almost done so with these two. Yes. Something was strange about them. …But perhaps there really was something to that old adage “Watch the Crazy Albatross, for even though his madness plagues him, he shall always find his way to shore.” … The Captain had followed an Albatross in that very week into Dulkbay . . . Perhaps that is where his thoughts begin to change their tack with the wind. . . He begins to plot his next course.

As Malcove the “Seeker” begins to speak, Murchadh’s pulleys (block and tackle being the proper terminology) and sails inside his head begin to turn and move about in such a way. . . He was setting himself into the wind of an idea, setting himself into a decision, weighing it out, tacking his sails this way and that to find the best course . . . Maybe the lady’s compass wasn’t the only one that was liquored, maybe it was his as well . . . but hell! What sort of Pirate Captain would he be if he sailed his ship, Divines bless her, sober? What sort of Pirate Captain would he be if he led his merciless hell hounds of a crew, Divines damn them, without some sort of inspiration from a few precious cups of rum or brew? Aye, the wind blew his sails the right way tonight, liquored or not. . . and with that. . .

He looks to the Nagatani’s quick speech and gives him a nod. . . He likes the Nagatani, perhaps feeling in some way, out of the four of them there are the table, that they were somehow the most similar. . . though even that would be a farfetched statement. His storm-colored eyes then fall upon the winged wench.

“Lady,” he begins gruffly, setting his whalebone pipe upon the table and rubbing his stubble upon his chin, “These gents are obviously in their cups well before noon. . . Their claims are astounding, unbelievable. I’ve heard beggars that could spin a better tale. . . I’d believe a one-armed whore quicker than I would these two. But.” He stops, looking to the two with a wry expression, “I’ve also heard Goblin Folk who were actually able to sing. And if that doesn’t say something about this crazy world, then I don’t know what does!” He chuckles to himself. . . He makes no mention of the Crazy Albatross – that would give away too much of his nature, too much of his true thought process. His eyes search their expressions as he unconditionally insults them – all in good sport of course. . . at least he has that wicked grin on his face. He leans forward and sets his hands upon the table, spreading out his fingers.

“So I tell you gents what. Crazy as you are, Crazy as it sounds, Unbelievable as your tale may be. . . I’m in. Gills and Sorcha too. I’ve got the two of them to train, and there’ll be ample opportunity for them to learn. . . And for me? Adventure along the way I’m sure. Fame and fortune, women too if I’m no doubted selling myself short on this idea. My sea legs have been getting the better of me. . . It’s high time I took my leave of my mistress, the Sea, and cheated on her a bit with good times ashore. It’ll break her heart, but she knows me to be good to my word, I’ll be back. . . I always go back. My men could use the shoretime too, I’m thinkin’. Besides. . . the whores of Dulkbay could probably use the pay. . .” His smile fades shortly after his bit of overly romantic swashbuckling monologue. . . he gives the two a cold-hearted stare. His tone changes from one eager for adventure. . . to the most black-hearted, uncaring sound one could imagine.

“But know this. I’m in this for myself. I’m in this for the loot I’m bound to come across. Don’t you dare so much as think that if you find yourself in a jam that I’ll be there to pry you loose. Neither myself nor my crew will so much as give you a second thought. We’re out for ourselves. If you cross me, I’ll slit your throat myself in your sleep. If you double cross me, I won’t stop until every last thing you hold dear lays at the bottom of the sea herself, wrapped in as many bloodied chains and iron shots I can find.”

And with that, his charming smile is back again . . . the Nullminan was true to what all Nullminans are known for… being as fickle as the seas themselves… their moods changing ever so quickly. “But I reckon we won’t have any of those troubles. We will not lose course in each other . . . You’ll be in need of my charm and wit and strength and blades… You’ll be needing my Gills and my Sorcha too for their hands, ears and eyes. . . and besides, someone’s going to have to protect the lady.His eyes flicker towards the Airetaim, his smile flashing upon his lips. “And as is customary, the Captain buys the first round before the journey sets sail! So… Tavern Keeper! A round if you please!And the round was “bought” for the table, albeit one would notice that Murchadh takes full advantage of the Tavern Keeper’s hospitality of everything being free for the night. . .
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/16/2008, 06:48

The Riounian man called Trance sat for a brief moment in his head. That was ill advised. he thought to himself, quickly checking to make sure he hadn't accidently said it aloud, which he hadn't. Now they thought he was crazier than a pack mule carrying Dynamite. Well, he hadn't quite been himself for the last cycle and a half. But none-the-less he was telling the truth. What did it matter, they would believe whatever they wanted. In fact Trance had to smile for a moment, realizing how much these young adventurers reminded him of the good ole days. Back when Trance had first left the safety of his homeland and traveled abroad. Though with Landese still out there he knew, he knew his adventuring days weren't close to over. Not until Landese was stopped. He had made that vow to those dearest to him, he would see it through. It took the quick forked tongue sayings of Murchadh to bring Trance back to complete awareness.

'Dont get me started on those few Quentala who believe themselves Veidrai's gift to the arts.' Trance shuddered slightly.

'I would expect nothing less from a cutthroat such as yourself sir. Do as you wish, I have but only one remark and this stands for all of you. If we do find my dearest brother, leave him for me. We have...unfinished family business to see to. As for protecting the lady. I do not believe she will be needing much protection, her own skills are more than sufficient!'

The pirate's clothes may have been elegant but it was merely aesthetic, underneath it all he lacked any true elegance. The nagatani seemed honest enough to his word, Trance had always liked the people of Cinsu, though he had never been there himself. Their distaste and nigh superstition for technology had always kept Trance far away from wanting to see their lands. The Airetaim was most sincere in her desire to protect the people. He admired that, greatly, more than he could probably describe to her with words. He had once had that same motivation, that same passionate desire...yet to his dismay he wore different shackles these days. Trance really wanted to reassemble the old group, yet he knew there wasn't enough time, at least not right now. Yet, in the back of his mind he wanted to be sitting at the table with those he knew and could completely trust. He wanted to be having this conversation with Silver, Morainne, and the others. But there wasn't enough time, not now. This wayward and assorted bunch would do, they were skilled enough they had proved that. Besides, Seeker was here! If he could reseal eight of the most terrifying creatures ever to grace Errayne he knew he could count on him in the battles to come!

'Well, it will be easier to track the forests nearby for any signs of encampment during the day, we should wait for first light. Go about as you wish until then, we will reassemble here in the Tavern at dawn. From there gather any supplies we might need and head out. Until then, I bid you goodnight, I believe there is a pillow whispering my name into the darkness of one of the rooms up stairs.' With that he stood, nodded to Malcove, and walked over to the innkeep handing him four cren and he made his way upstairs, to get some much needed rest. He wouldn't sleep, and if he did it would be restless at best. It had been that way for nearly two cycles now, yet one must feign an attempt now and then.
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/16/2008, 13:48

Protect...the lady?! Moira thought incredulously, Just who does he think he is? If it hadn't have been for Trance's mollifying comment on her worth, those words by the pirate would have been fighting words. And contrary to Murchadh's beliefs, she could pull her own weight against him and his snot-nosed brats if she had to. She may not win, but she would cause damage. And wouldn't it be sweet to knock that arrogance off his pretty face? Her wings may look insubstantial, but four feet of bone and sinew packed a punch with the right force behind it...

No. There had been enough blood shed tonight. Besides, her vow to Idia held the stipulation that she was to HEAL wounds, not cause them. Short of the pirate or his lackeys causing her bodily harm, he was safe.

No matter how he pushed her tolerance mentally.

So she gave Trance a smile of thanks, or what was as close to a smile as she could manage at the moment, and stood, stretching her wings to maximum extention in a gesture reminiscent of an angry hawk puffing its feathers to make itself look bigger. It may have been purely psychological, but it could be VERY impressive given the right circumstances. "I know my country, and its dangers. I'll serve as your guide until you decide to leave, or the madman Landese is destroyed." She was speaking to Malcove, of course, as Trance had gone upstairs, but then her attention shifted. She caught Murchadh's eyes, held the stormy grey within her own unsetting emerald, and smiled with dangerous sweetness. "And as we're in such a friendly mood, let me make you a promise Master Murchadh. The next time I hear you threaten me, or anything I hold dear, I won't be as kind as I am now. I have no doubt that you could kill me, but I promise you that with my dying breath I will cast the rune that will turn your innards to fire inside you, and no amount of water will quench it. I will make it so your "mistress" rejects you at every turn and every touch of her embrace flays the skin off your bones. I hope you understand," Her smile widened slightly, "It's not as though you're the only one who is bound by their word. Like you say, we have no reason to fear if we all stay civil. And now, I bid you all a good night."And with that, she too started up the stairs and into her room.

Of course, she didn't actually know the runes she was threatening him with, She reflected as she was preparing for bed. But HE didn't know that. For the first time that night, she was actually glad of the uncharacteristic display of power that she unleashed tonight. It would keep them guessing at any rate. The thought was enough to make her smile genuinely, and she blew out her candle.
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/17/2008, 04:04

Malcove listened as each person agreed to join them on their quest. He was surprised. Malcove figured that the Airetaim would help to protect her homeland, but everyone else joined without as much as a question. Surely they thought that Trance and Malcove were out of their heads, and yet they still agreed to set out in the morning to search after the despicable Landese.

He was impressed. It was a wonder that so many would join them in what could possibly be a wild Mongi chase.

Now the numbers had dwindled down to only Malcove, Murchadh, and Satrokeis at the table. He downed the last of his ale and stood up. ”Well, I am quite thankful to have received so much help on this venture we are to set out on. It is rare that Trance and I get any help on our quests, and it is good of both of you to lend your skills to this cause. This should be yet another high adventure.” With that, Malcove started for the stairs that led up to his room for the night. ”Rest well tonight, fellows. You never know if you may need all your strength as early as tomorrow.” He smiled and went upstairs.

As he laid down, his mind buzzed with thoughts from the past. Terrible dangers he had faced, good times shared with old friends. Nights of musical endeavors and those of screams. Malcove had been through and seen a lot for his age, more than some elders could boast of seeing.

The last thought that Malcove had before falling asleep was a common one he had been having lately: ‘where and how is she?’
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/18/2008, 05:33

Murchadh smiles as Trance gets up to leave, “Oh, you’re pamperin’ me now with such words like cutthroat. Keep that up and we’ll get along just fine, strokin’ my ego like that. Goodnight sweet prince.” He chuckles – and at least it sounds genuine. He watches the crazy so-called prince go. . . his eyes look next to Moira as she begins her speech. His eyes flash dangerously as she threatens him . . . she reminds him that she is still a magic user. . . and Murchadh merely nods in her direction. “Don’t worry, lady,” he calls out to her as she starts to leave, “You’re too feisty of a wench for my tastes. I prefer. . . easier prey.” His eyes flit over to the last bar wench working that night… a knowing, wicked smile crosses his lips.

Murchadh looks next to Malcove and his speech . . . there was nothing to quarrel about with this man. . . there was no insult to return. . . in a way, Murchadh was a little disappointed. But perhaps not, he gave the man a serious nod.

Murchadh smokes his pipe, looking toward Satrokeis. ”Most people take offense. . . I was only being honest about not being double crossed. I figure . . . honesty is the best policy. That way no one is surprised. . . But you have a good night, Satrokeis. . . I’ll be back in the morning.” With that, the Pirate Captain stands and strides over to the barwench. He tips his hand to his brow. And his siren-like voice lulls outward once again with its charm . . .

”Lady. I’ve been watchin’ you all the night long. I’ve sailed so long and so far, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen such a sight as you. Come, won’t you hear the song of a sailor? The story of a swashbuckler?” And it was as if she was enthralled. . . ”Why… yes I’m off work… shortly…” Her eyes were glazed over, her pale skin flushed…. Oh Dinti, how easily you are wooed by the romanticisms of a Nullmina…

Murchadh smiles a wicked smile, he looks to the innkeeper… oh, poor Innkeeper, the look on his face is that of someone who knew what was going to happen next. ”Your hospitality has been much this evening, innkeeper. I tell you what. . .” He reaches into his leather jerkin and pulls out a number of cren, placing them upon the bar. ”This ought to be enough to pay the lady’s way for the rest of the night. . .” And with that, he put out his arm. . . she hesitantly takes it, and though she is no child, she is merely a shy country girl just blooming of womanhood. He really is quite the devil.

Murchadh leads the maiden out into the misty night, his voice softly singing a lofty tune into her ear. . .
Back to top Go down
Lizarbugon
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Character Information
Name: Satrokeis
Race: Nagatani: The Charming
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/19/2008, 13:11

Satrokeis watched as the Nullmina led the barmaid out, not quite out of any reason, just that there was not really anything left to look at at this point. A minute passed since their departure, and he still looked out the window.

"...Splendid weather indeed." Satrokeis mumbled to himself.

"What was that?" The innkeeper inquired.

Satrokeis looked over to him and nodded. "Your hospitality is appreciated." "Oh, the thanks should go to you and the others that- er, are you turning in for the night?" Satrokeis had already begun to ascend the stairs to his room, leaving the innkeeper to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2008, 06:01

[i] Entry 52

I have awoken with the dew, the blessed nectar given this cruel earth.
My own vessel does creak and groan. someday I shall away and back to clay.

I have found a bowl conveniently placd near my door. Oh blessed innkeep. Guard him.

I shall make my way through the city to look for trails and then approach those who were here last night for more details. The sun has just roused herself to send her countenance upon the fields. i know not how long the others shall sleep, but I should make haste, lest the hustle abd bustle of life make short work of any trail.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2008, 14:12

The cold rains and slight breezes wouldn't let up until nearly sunrise. Though when they finally did, they left the usual freshness scent that many referred to as 'The perfume of Peljae'. The town lay in absolute silence. The night had gone on without additional incident. With the first few ray's of the Sun the few farmers around began to emerge, like burrowed animals from their dens, and make their way into the fields. The damage to the town could now begin to be clearly seen. Most windows were shattered; the glass lay on the ground, glistening with water drops upon their surface. The casualties were relatively small, only four were reported dead, and only a handful more injured.

The pious could be found on the hills nearby, facing towards the sun, on one knee praying to Azra for comfort and advice. After the attack a local militia man and his trusted companion, an older looking dog had stayed up throughout the night, patrolling back and forth on the main road. He's the quiet sort, but honest enough. When approached by the Ryaka traveler he smiled warmly and offered any assistance he could.

The mess of the Tavern had been swept away, the remaining unbroken chairs and tables reset. A few more had been ordered by the innkeeper to be shipped in, at his carpenter friend in Allestrium's earliest convenience. A few remaining logs on the fire were on their last few plumes, the innkeeper sat at a table, his feet up, dozed off only a bit ago one would imagine. Their were only two differences to be seen. One was the 'Bartender Needed: Apply Within' sign posted in the one front window. The other was the piano that had been pulled away from the wall and dusted off.

Trance sat at the piano in the earliest moments of the morning, he had risen early, taken to the bathhouse and washed up, shaved, and returned inside where he had with, a little inspection found the piano. He had brought it out and cleared away the dust that settled over the top. Sitting down and looking over it much like a father looks over his beloved child he tested middle C and found it to be tuned, despite it's unkept first appearance. With a brief smile he began to play. His form was suprising, dynamics and position nearly flawless. After several minutes of playing he began in with an impromptu melody showcasing quite well his slightly above Baritone voice and vivid vibrato.

Over the listless seas
from mountains to thickly greens
I travel abroad to find my love
where ever could she be?

I hold to memories
like impressive keys
that unlock a time
when I would hold her, and call her mine

shi-be-ye be ye be ye
shi-be ye be ye be ye
shi-be ye ye ye ye
shi-be ye be ye be ye

He played on like that, waiting for the others to arrive. Waiting to march off to precarious realms again. Music, after he had lost her it was his only succor...

Last edited by Trance Maxwell on 2/20/2008, 14:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2008, 23:30

Malcove had woken up and was heading into the bathhouse around the same time that Trance exited. They exchanged glances that said ‘Good morning’, they usually didn’t bother vocalizing that anymore. Once he was done washing up he returned to the tavern to find Trance playing the piano and singing. He smiled and gave a nod when Trance looked his way, Trance just smiled and continued with the song.

Malcove sat at a table there and closed his eyes for a moment. He then began ‘drawing’ the outline of different Glyphic formulas in the air in front of him with his forefinger, starting with the simplest ones he knew and then going to some of the more intricate spells. Though no one could have known, he also went over the pronunciation of every spell in his mind as he drew them.

After he was done with this, he opened his eyes again. Trance had just recently stopped with his song and was now facing Malcove from the piano stool. ”We really should get the band back together sometime,” he told his friend with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/21/2008, 04:13

A few traces of footprints were scattered here and there. THought blessed with impecablle eyesight, Kalessin was no tracker. At least, not on ground. THe Natanagi he saw earlier. Perhaps he would be of better use.
The patrol man was kindly and helpful enough. The city was a visual mess.
A few of the earlier risers were walking from their houses in bewilderment.

The sound of a somber melody, something akin to a sun waking to look upon a devastated land, brought the Ryaka close to tears.
Steeling his heart, he thanked the patrol man and scurried back to the inn.
The trail was still evident, thanks to the rain from the night before. It was also a blessing it had stopped, else the trail would have been washed away.

Re-entering the inn, the Ryaka bowed to Trance, the only man he saw at the time.

"Good sir, your humble servant bids your aid. " He had bowed low, but kept his eyes focused on the man.

He continued after a slight pause, " I am a historian, and am to bear this account- the Mongi attack on New Haven, in my writings, and from my understanding you have helped this town thus far and perhaps intend to continue to do so. At this, I therefore, humbly ask to know of you, and your motives. If you know the reasons behind this attack, then my pen shall gladly bear witness to your own faithful witness."
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2008, 07:02

Just as Trance was about to head into another harmony the Ryaka had entered and made his way over to him bowing slightly. Trance listened to him speak with a smirk and a curious glimmer in his eyes. When the Ratling had finished, Trance opened his lips.

'First of all, that humble servant line, please don't. I know I'm royalty and all but for Veidrai's sake, its just an unpleasant formality. Of course, a Ryaka like you, bowing is just second nature isn't it? Victocia is quite lovely this time of season isn't it? The lotus are probably close to being in full blossom I'd imagine...So, you are a Vagrant then? Which department sent you here? Do you know of a Morainne Levorne? She is Airetaim, works for the Vagrant Society, higher up I suppose by now...My strict apologies, I'm muttering on, please, sit with us!'

He stood from the piano stool and walked over to the table where Malcove was sitting in observation. He pulled up two more chairs and gestured towards the Ryaka. Then he took the other seat himself, and put his boots up on the table, leaning back slightly in the chair and stretching his arms wide with a bit of a yawn.

'My name's Trance Maxwell. And you would be?'
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2008, 01:34

The Ryaka allowed a simple toothy grin to meander its way across his visage.
He, too, sat down, again after a short bow of formality to allow Trance his own seat.

"Second nature it is, but is it so wrong to act in modesty?" He raised a paw, shaking it slightly.
"I talk of modesty and yet forget my manners. I am Kalessin. Vitocia is nice. I would long to reutn there sometime. But those are of different matters. Yes, i know of Morainne Levorne, but I , myself, am not per se an offical Vagrant. " He swallowed slighty as not a few distinct memories came to mind.
"I was a sailor in my better days. Now I simply write...so if you don't mind discoursing something about yourselves. " He looked happily towards Malcove and Trance.

Already both parchment and pen were out of his haversack.

"Talk as much as you'd like, my friends. Most specifically, if it please you, about yourselves and then, should you know anything, about this Mongi attack, for this is rather unusual."
He trailed off a bit stumbling over the word unusual a few times, his head lowering itself so that his nose nearly touched his paper. His eyes glanced back and forth readily.
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2008, 13:11

"Are you sure that's wise, Master Kalessin?" Moira chose that moment to enter the tavern, from the outside, which was strange. Truth be told, she was up before dawn helping the local healers take care of their patients. Luckily, everything was minor enough that they didn't need her for long. Her horse, Damaris was fine too, and was currently hauling debris away from the more badly damaged section of town. Normally he wasn't one for such heavy work, but Moira had asked and he had wanted to, so she let him.

Moira sat next to Trance, deftly working her thick hair into a long braid. "The last time they were told they could talk, we got a story about kings dragons and lost libraries, which may or may not be fictitious." The last sentence was said with a smile toward Trance and Malcove that diffused any sting in her words.
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2008, 15:51

Kalessin made a move to stand and bow as well as offer the seat up to the lady, but she had already helped herself with an unseemingly mesmerizing grace.
In the same moment he began to rise, the Ryaka moved his chair a bit, as if adjusting his posture to cover up any awkwardness.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sure perhaps, but any stories have their roots in something factual. There are many strange things in this world of which we know not of. Explain a talking rat. Explain winged men. Explain so many of the things which are so natural but at the same time, seem so fantastical. " He smiled.
"My dear...I would have your story as well. I need not be here. I am resolved to aid all of you and to follow you. Here do I swear my fealty for the time. for it seems that this is a time when friendships are best forged strong."
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/27/2008, 15:53

The gunslinger sat and listened to the Ryaka, Kalessin as he introduced himself. As he mentioned that he wasn't really a Vagrant but just someone eager to journalize his life and the events he sees, flash backs of Lia, came to Trance's mind. She had always done the same thing. As the Ryaka spoke Trance took one of his revolvers out of its protective place and began to twirl it throughout his finger tips.

'Modesty is a virtue that seems to be dying nowadays. A sailor you say? An interesting profession for a Ryaka, I mean no offense. Your vision is probably three or four times my own, perfect for catching distant ships, hazards, or land marks, but I never knew your kind to take to the water that much.'

With a smile Trance envisioned Masasume his old Sensei standing before him, 'Why bathe? That's what the rain is for!' his to often comment made when Trance would even romotely mention his body odors...

As the fae entered and made her sly comment Trance merely sat back in his chair with a full-faced smile and a now developing gleam in his eye. The gun twirling had immediately stopped. The daylight showed her to not only be beautiful the way all fae are, but to be beautiful even among their kind. Her dazzling eyes caught his attention, the way a fae's always did. There were rumors whispered now and then that an Airetaim could paralyze merely by looking in their eyes, yet Trance paid it no heed...ever. Taking a comment like that could be swallowed easier just by her appearance alone.

'It is your choice sir, but I warn you. Following us may...probably...' Trance paused for a moment, 'Will be dangerous...'

Trance had learned a long time ago that he had the knack of getting into trouble...he was still adjusting to telling others that though.
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/28/2008, 10:35

The Ryaka's face scrunched up. "It appears then, I am in good company for a good story."
He smiled individually at all of them.
"Forgive me, but I have morning vigils to attend to. I shall await you outside."
He rose and began to walk away.
He paused at the door, and turned his head slightly ,"I fear no thing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Trial of Towers   Chapter One: Trial of Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter One: Trial of Towers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLAN: Age of Legends :: CLAN Chronicles :: Trial of Towers-
Jump to: