CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In need of suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

In need of suggestions Empty
PostSubject: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/2/2008, 16:05

I am REALLY in need of a new series to watch/read. I loved Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, and Gundam Wing, but I've watched them so many times it's getting old... Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Number of posts : 23

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Race: Dinti: The Adept
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/4/2008, 05:50

A good mech anime in my opinion is Full Metal Panic. It's been going on for two or three seasons now and it has its funny episodes and it keeps a nice storyline, too. I heard the 2nd season was more laughs than story, but it was supposed to go back by the next season.

A good science-fiction anime is Witch Hunter Robin. It's about an elite team of people with other-worldly powers of the mind against people in society who seek to cause public disturbance by use of magic. As far as I know, it's only a season long, but it is possible that another season may have started since last time I saw it.

On a completely different note, there's a webcomic that I've gotten into lately called Dr. McNinja. Definitely look that up for some laughs. =D
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/7/2008, 14:51

I think you need to bust out the discs I have of either Trinity Blood, or X and watch those! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Soulknife
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 00:02

Okay, I, the ever-watching Soulknife can be of assistance!

I've watched more anime than I should have within a couple of years, so I've got some pretty good recommendations, most of which you could easily obtain from my girlfriend, me, or...

Some of my picks:

Death Note ~ At least through ep 26, Death Note has a very stimulating plot, high quality animation and cinematography devices, and a great music track. Frankly, anyone who starts watching it will get hooked pretty quickly, even if they're against it.

Ouran High School Host Club ~ Slice of Life, Comedy, Romance, and... for you... really cute guys. This one is beyond hilarious, and can be rather touching at times. Talk to my girlfriend about it (you know who she is), she'll tell you how much she enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it probably as much. It's great to watch together with other people.

Black Lagoon ~ This one is about modern-age sea-faring pirates. A group of 4 individuals ride a boat called the Black Lagoon through the oceans performing tasks for wealthier people and running into "occasional disputes with the law." The loudmouth, cocky character is a chick who owns an entire arsenal of weaponry ranging from an anti-tank gun, a rocket launcher, a couple of pistols, and of course more. I fell in love the moment I heard her yell out "Listen up Limp-dicks!" with a megaphone in one hand and an RPG in the other.

Sadly, I have many more, but really, those should keep you satisfied for all of the 90 or so episodes you can milk out of them. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 02:15

One word: Hellsing.

Or, if you're not in a serious type of mood: FLCL. I think I've watched FLCL six times through now... and I still have no idea what in the nine rings of hell is going on.

. . . But other than that I don't watch much anime. Princess Mononoke was, hands down, an excellent anime movie. Vampire Hunter D is still a classic . . . Akira too, though both are a bit on the -holy-crap-i-didn't-know-people-had-that-much-blood-to-bleed-side.

www.alluc.org is a place where us academy kids go to watch TV online and stuff.. its a place where people have congregated, showing where youtube, google, and other videos have been posted of your favorite series. Everything from movies to cartoons to anime . . . sometimes the links dont work though and sometimes not the best quality... but give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/13/2008, 01:17

MANY thanks for www.alluc.org/. I've been enjoying it in my spare time, which isn't a whole lot, but I enjoy it nonetheless! So thanks again, Titan!
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/13/2008, 09:41

Yeah, Alluc.org is FANTASTIC! Josh and I have been watching droves worth of anime off of it....it's the most comprehensive video site I've seen yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime2/13/2008, 12:25

Currently watching Zombie Loan. It's fun! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of suggestions   In need of suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In need of suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLAN: Age of Legends :: NON-CLAN DISCUSSIONS :: Anime-
Jump to: